Re: [DL] Pumpkinhead (spoilers)

Thanks guys for your input. It has really helped.

I was torn about leaving him in the Appalachians. I was stuck on Pumpkinhead
and the witch going hand in hand, but having him readily available anywhere
in Deadlands does really work out better. I really like the idea of having
him haunt everything east of the Mississippi too. As for the shared injury,
I've been wrestling with that idea as well. Originally, it was if the
"host", the person who wanted it conjured (thus ending up "soul-bound" to
Pumpkinhead) was injured, then Pumkinhead would also take the wound
penalties (not the actual wounds) along with the person but not vice-versa.
So if Pumkinhead was run through with a cavalry saber, Harley wouldn't feel
it, but if Harley himself were to get skewered, then Pumpkinhead would also
end up squirming. I suppose this could make Pumpkinhead either very powerful
or very vulnerable, depending on if the posse figures this weakness out, and
if the "host" is nearby and vulnerable to attack. (I can just see my posse
charging the person who is linked with Pumkinhead, and blasting and hacking
him to tiny pieces, instantly killing the abomination!) On the other hand, I
think Pumpkinhead would make short work of them before they even realize he
has a weakness. (In the movie, it was Harley that realized he was linked to
the demon, and having a change of heart and wanting to stop it, he tried to
take his own life, but what if that host in Deadlands didn't feel any
regrets and just sat safe while Pumpkinhead punished those he was called
upon to punish?) The link was cool in the movie, but I'm not sure how well
this weakness translates over. I have been unable to come up with any
alternate weaknesses that fit the character.

John