[DL] House Rules

In regards to the card segments and actions I've always made same card
values act at the same time. The higher suit acts a split second before the
lower. However, I allow characters to dodge and vamoose as normal. This
creates alot of action on one card segment, shoot & dodge, but I've found it
also greatly speeds combat. We ran through about 5 card draws in less than
10 minutes. It also helps that players know the rules.

Something else I've done since I have two martial artists in the posse now.
When attacking hand to hand, besides the normal rules, passive and active
defense, I also allow players to spend their next highest card to make an
simultaneous active attack. Using the normal TN but both attacks can hit.
Again it sped up combat and let me bring my martial artists down a notch or
two.

Question: Anybody done any thing else with using pace in combat?