[DL] responses to several items

I knew if I threw out a bunch of stuff, I'd get some good input.... :0

First off, thanks, Allen, for giving me some valuable 'microeconomics'
advice with regards to RPGs & marketing accessories.  I hadn't thought of
that.  Well, the slide rule set is out of the question, but I still think
the hex decks are viable.  Hmmmm, wonder how much it cost to have a press
make said cards, & if PEG would allow approval, & if I could actually market
the stuff....  As my favorite philosopher Winnie the Pooh once said, "I
think this may require some thinking...."

As for relic info; hmmmm, all of the responses have given me some good info,
stuff I haven't thought about.  See, there is this dimestore novelist that
follows Mao tHC, writing up the stories for the masses.  Theoretically, that
would give Mao some sort of Renown....  As for someone dying in order to
make a relic, although that seems to be the FASTEST way to do it, I don't
think it is the only way.  Again, there is Wyatt Earp, Belle Star, & uh, oh
man, his name slips my mind.....  Dude that's reportedly the fastest draw in
the West...  Oh well, I'm sure several of you will remind me....  ANYWAY,
that means you can still be living.  In addition, it does seem like the
relic would emulate something of the person, & most likely, it wouldn't help
the original owner all that much (unless it is something like Earp's Badges)
but if someone else were to get hold of it....

What really drives all of this is one of my characters.  I have a hexslinger
who focuses his power through his eyeglasses & he has a special pair of
Pettengills he uses all the time.  So I'm wondering if someone else were to
get hold of his glasses, would they find something 'interesting' about them,
or if someone else got the guns, would they work better, etc.?  At any rate,
we could discuss this for weeks....

Oh, someone mentioned something about a computer program for die mods.
Sorry, I misinformed.  When I said calculator, I meant an analog calculator,
much like a slide rule.  Someone else wondered what mods I had for my
hexslinger that would warrant such an item.  Well, here's my list:    Fear
(failed Guts, etc.), Wound, Aiming, Called Shot, Quality of Gun, Target
Movement, Shooter Movement, Hex One, Hex Two, Hex Three.  I rarely have
three hexes going on at one time, but the rest seem to follow me everywhere.
And yes, Quality of Gun is a consideration for him.

I was going to say something about white phosphorous, but a few folks beat
me to it.  Besides, isn't there some type of animal in the Collegium book?
Incendiary rounds or some such?  I guess I need to dig out my books.  Like
the idea of the sodium pellets though; that would definitely hurt.  What we
really need is something that does some really nasty hydrostatic damage.  A
gun-nut friend of mine tells me that killing someone is all a matter of
delivering the maximum amount of momentum of the bullet to the body.  That's
why bullets that go right through a muscle or such don't "hurt" like one
that goes into the body & stays there.  So I figure some egghead needs to do
a number on hollow points, but rather than having a hollow point bullet,
make one that has a flower petal design in its head that expands to about
six inches or so when it comes in contact of the target.  Ouch!

Well, I talk too much again.

Jeff S