Re: [DL] DLCG translations [man, I OTed my own thread]

> > > Ich kann Ihnen damit helfen, obvohl dass ich Amerikaner bin, nicht
> >Deutsch.
> >
> >Das Macht der Theo mit Einem Finger?
> >
> >Nick "guess where THAT'S from!" Zachariasen
> ? Keine Ahnung.  Ich woelte 'Theo' in meinem Woerterbuch nachschlagen,
aber
> Ich koennte das verdampten Buch nicht finden.
>
> *coff* I don't think the 'e' in einem would be capitalized

Well, it's apparently from a German album called Fur Speisser Verboten that,
as far as I'm aware, was banned in Germany in the early 60s because of
some... suggestive titles and content.  I was told by my middle school
German teacher (was was a German teacher in both senses) that Das Macht der
Theo Mit einem Finger means "Theo Does It with One Finger".  The song
discusses how Theo is very good with the ladies because of his piano skills.
There's another song titled (and I'm not sure if I'm spelling this
correctly) "Onem Fleiss, Keinen Preis" (Without Meat, There is No Charge).
Don and Mike used to play it on their show, and maybe they still do.  I just
haven't listened to them in a long time because the station that carried
them changed formats.

Nick "but I digress" Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times