[DL] navigation question

If the characters are about 150 miles east of Denver and they're trying to
get to Yellowstone, what would be a good route to take with an orange '69
Dodge Charger?  And yes, this IS taking place in the Weird West.  They just
happen to have a...visitor.  It'd be a bonus if the convenient route can
take them across some territory where they can encounter a monster that said
visitor can jump over or ram with said Charger with a loud "YEEE-HAAAA!!".
Thanks in advance, all.

Nick "my players probably want to kill me" Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times