[DL] Stigma (was announcement).

---- deadlands@gamerz.net wrote:
>  >Should homosexuality be considered a hindrance in
Deadlands?

> Yup.
>
> I'd call it ferner as the closest hindrance that's
already on the books, in
> terms of alientation from the dominant culture.

Ferner covers when someone is in a culture that they
are not adapted too, while someone who is different
can act normal for thier culture but are treated
different or face bigotry regardless of thier
behaivor.

You can could call a new disadvantage Stigma and it
can cover things like being jewish, black, chinese,
indian, or a half breed who might have to put up with
racists, with the value of the hinderance varying
based on the location of the game. Things like
southerner, northerner, or even morman could count in
various parts of the country. Things like
homosexuality might be worth less then what the
reaction it could cause since its something the
player can keep secret, just like being a secret
member of the whatley family, althought these might
be taken as a seperate disadvantage like dark secret,
which becomes stigma if you are found out.

If the disadvantage is based on outlaw with a 1 to 5
scale it easy to use the value of the scale to add to
difficulty number for any mien roll and such,
althought I would probally limit it to a maximum of 3.