[DL] Whodoo that spooky voodoo?

Spoiler space (yeah, like the players don't read it anyway...)

Yuri said:

>It has been said in the various books and on the server that the Servitors
>(Stone, Raven etc) had to make a “Faustian” deal.....

 [snip]

That is, do the Reckoners come to the Servitor and hammer
>out a deal? Or do is it more of a gradual thing like the Dark Powers of
>Ravenloft™ where gradual evil grants you this terrible powers? Perhaps it
is
>a mixture of the two.

Just from the HoE books, I get the feeling it is a gradual thing that most
of them don't specifically know all the details, but they have a pretty good
idea as to what is going on.  I mean, if you read what Raven has in store in
HoE, yeah, he has a good notion, but probably isn't filled in to all the
Reckoners' plans. Why else do what he has in mind?  (If this sounds vague,
it is meant to be just in case you don't know what Raven is up to.  Yuri, if
you want specifics, email me.)

I honestly do not think that some guy dressed in black comes down the road,
meets you at the crossroads & says, "Hey, sign on the dotted line & I
garantee(there's a "u" in there somewhere...) to make you famous."  I think
the Reckoners fit into some image of whatever the mass of folks around
believe in that gives them the heebie jeebies.  Like I said some time before
to Shane, "Oh, so somewhere out in India, Shiva is going around killing lots
of folks...."

Jeff S