[DL] Ideas Welcome (spoilers)

In a recent adventure the players decided to finally
investigate the Dupont (whatley-blood relation)
Mansion.  They had defeated the Duponts several
adventures ago, they just never went in.  They were
specifically looking for weird/mystic type items, so I
had them find a couple after making search rolls.

The items included:

The Whatley family bible (sure, why not), which they
handed over to the 'good' Whatley in town, who in
turned passed it on to her relatives in Gomorra just
in time to raise Knicknavan (or whatnot).

A foot stool about one foot tall, triangular shaped,
with three legs.  It also had a round magnifying glass
in the center.  Yes, it looks like a big ouiji board
piece on legs.  I had one of these as a kid and
thought it would be nice to include.  I figure it's
abilities would be related to scrying (somehow using a
blood sacrific and an item of the person being scryed
on under the glass).  Looking for
ideas/alternates/taints for such an item.

A package of incense.  Probably has no
taint/abilities, but any ideas appriciated.

A knife found in the back of a closet with a grey
shadowy blade.  Thinking something along the lines of
granting shadow walk if it draws blood of an innocent
or somesuch.

The Duponts in the area dealt alot with Nighthaunts (I
love those creatures).  I have some ideas for the
above items, but wondering what twisted creations you
all could come up with.

Fun part of the session:
A character after several botches and stupid actions
got sucked in a gateway to the hunting grounds.  He
had previously obversed anything touching the gateway
get sucked in, and wanted to get closer for a
scientific sample (even though he isn't the MS in the
party).  Sadly I had expected and prepared for that
particular character to get sucked in.

Different Player:  I let go of the rope holding him
and shoot it.
Me:  You shoot the portal sucking him in to a
different dimension?
Same Different Player:  Can I Soul Blast it instead?

-Munch "out of 4 characters, only one had the highest
str score .. a d6" Wolf