RE: [DL] Fasting (Marshal help needed)

Ghost Dancers specifically states that appeasement from rituals can be
applied to the guardian spirit.  In fact, there is one ritual, Spirit
Song, which can ONLY be applied to the Guardian Spirit and NOT to
favors.  The blue chip ability of *most* spirits is to refill its pool,
but there are two (Elk and Owl, I believe) which do not have this
ability, and so if the only way to refill was with chips, these would be
poor shamans indeed.

To adjudicate Fasting, I suggest you use the same rules for regaining
wind as he did for losing it.  If I remember correctly, you lost 1d6 per
day if you fail the vigor roll.  I'd say that at most, that wind is
recovered at 1d6 per day of normal eating habits.  It takes a while to
recover from starvation completely.  If you wanted to be generous,
return 1d6 per meal, but bear in mind that its almost impossible to eat
so heavily as to refill all his wind in a single day.  The body can only
convert so much food into fuel, and he would just be losing as much wind
to overeating and stomach illnesses if he overate to compensate.

If this came up in my game, I'd go for 1d6 per day of normal eating.  At
that rate, its still going to be recovered *MUCH* faster than it was
lost, since you only lose it on failed vigor checks, and you'd be
regaining it every day.  With decent rolls, the average person would
regain most of their wind in just a few days.  Sounds about right to me
for someone to regain their strength after starvation.

Joe