[DL] Experience in DL and D20 comment

>Oh, does anyone have an original Deadlands release to go from? One
>player said a joker draw from that edition could give you a free Arcane
>background, but that seems to have been removed from the current
>edition. I don't doubt her, but it seems... odd. I assume it was changed
>to something more interesting in later editions.

No that player is incorrect.  Red and Black Jokers work the same in 2nd
edition(revised) as they did in the begining.  I think the confusion my come
from the fact that a Joker allows a pull on the Arcane Happening Table.
Hope that helps

As for D20 snubbing mentioned in another topic.  I have to agree with the
rest.  Where not blowing you off or snubbing you.  We just don't know the
answer since most of us are PEG House Rules Deadlanders.  Its not that most
of us hate it(3rd Edition is Great and some of the other companies have made
great D20 books for there games(Fading Suns, L5R), but I think that certain
game systems are written to really work with a setting, Deadlands just isn't
the same without Cards and Poker Chips. It really helps people get into
character

Dan