Re: [DL] Names in the books

At 08:16 PM 2/24/2002, Mr. Jeff Shoffner wrote:
>So, Mr. McGlothlin has started adding listserv folks to Weird Wars, eh?

         Well, I will very shortly, anyway. I have to finish up _El
Fantastico contra Dracula_ for Guildhall Press first.

>   In that case, It is JeffERy, not JeffREy Shoffner, & yes, there is a
>difference.  :)

         LOL!

>Funny, if you put me in the Weird Wars, I will have the
>dubious distinction of being one of the first members of my family to
>actively serve in a war!  :D

         Nothing "dubious" about serving in wartime, at least IMHO.

>  Hey!!  Maybe you could work that in; I have
>researched my father's family tree somewhat & have determined that although
>we have been here since 1771, no one I am directly related to has served in
>a combat situation.

         It's been my experience that almost no one doesn't have at least
one ancestor who fought in the War Between the States. However, I can
understand not wanting to dig too deeply if you suspect your forebearers
may have been on the Wrong Side (whichever one that is, from your
perspective).
         Fear not, for when the time comes, plenty of Listserver people
(esp. those who were cut from the final version of DP) will get called up
for duty in the Weird War Between the States.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance RPG Writer At-Large
Southern by the Grace of God