Re: [DL] That's BULLARD Express!

	True.  It's the weird west so any Marshal can shift the time line
around as they like.  The only problems are with regard to game "feel" and
balance.  I wouldn't allow a Machine Gun in a game of mine even though the
technological advances due to weird science would certainly allow it...it
just doesn't fit the "feel" of the game world. Besides, we have gatling
rifles ;)
	The other problem with the Bullard Express is that it is far too
powerful relative to the other rifles in the game. It doesn't make sense (in
practical terms) to take any other rifle. While it is a power gamers dream
come true it penalizes players who want to choose other sorts of rifles for
role playing reasons. Personally I would treat a weapon like the BE as a
gadget of some sort. That way the possibility of malfunction somewhat
balances the potency of the weapon. Of course in the final analysis it is
still an "official" weapon in the deadlands universe...and it's your game :)

Paul

P.S.	Also, as far as I know the other "normal" weapons presented in
Deadlands were available in 1876-1877 which makes the BE an oddity and quite
possibly an oversight on the part of the good folks at PEG.

--- Paul Wilson <Paul.Wilson@po-box.esu.edu> wrote:
> It turns out the Bullard company was only
> open from 1886-1890 so there is no way that the BE
> should be in the Deadlands timeline.

But that assumes only NORMAL technological
development.  Remember, ghost rock makes all sorts of
wonderful things happen, one of which is encouraging a
more rapid development of all sorts of thinks like
art, music, and non-mad scient inventions.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Captain Sydney
Mallory