Re: [DL] Scientist in the Lone Stars

At 05:02 PM 2/27/2002, Brumy8@aol.com wrote:
>Actually, I have that.

         Oh good, you can buy my book after all!;-)

>   However, due to the location of the campagin I hope to be in, anyone
> working for the Agency will be the guest of honor at a necktie party
> (spyin' don't ya know). And, to me at least, the Agency is more spy vs.
> spy than anything.

         All that's true, but the Ranger you described is much closer to
the Agency's operatives in methodology. Unless your "Crane" character gets
into a lot of fist-fights or would fancy a ghost-steel LeMat, Lone Stars
just doesn't have anything for him.

         Errrrr, the guy who wrote their sourcebook?:-)

>  I'd think the backgrounds for Rangers in the East are many and varied.

         Seriously, this is quite true, and it is something that LS touches
upon. That said, LS doesn't have anything in the way of useful material for
such a character. If you want info on being all Southern gentleman-like,
then Back East: The South is the way to go. Using science to fight evil (as
opposed to a kick in the jimmy) was well-covered in The Agency, so I didn't
repeat any of it in LS.

>  I do recall something about a CSA type base similar to the USA's Fort
> 51.....perhaps a research of sometype can be attached to the Rangers for
> "speical duties".

         Well, if such a place did exist, it we'd need to add a SPOILER
before we could discuss it....

Like this: SPOILER!

         Sure, that could happen--there ARE Rangers stationed at Roswell.
It's still not typical Ranger methodology, but those Texans are nothing if
not pragmatic.

         Hope this helps!

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.