Re: [DL] Comments and Advice for a LS player? (spoilers)

At 10:49 PM 3/2/2002, Brumy8@aol.com wrote:
>          This is how I look at the difference between the way the Agency
> and the Rangers operate:
>          The Agency is too busy with subterfuge or coming up with a story
> that explains why Event phenomena.  They will black mail, bribe, or
> otherwise ensure a witness cooperates.  If they don't, the witness
> "disappears."  The Rangers, on the other hand, don't care how their story
> sounds.  That's what happened you believe it or else!

         Quote from Lone Stars:
         "Many is the time we've had to use harsher ways to convince
somebody to sit right down, relax, and enjoy a nice big cup of shut the
hell up. Mostly, all it takes is a gunfighter's stare from you, or giving
'em a nice long look down the barrels of your LeMat to make your point.
Failing that, you'd be surprised how well a broken jaw keeps someone from
spreading a lot of loose talk about monsters."

>          Also, Mr. McGlothlin, will the Shootist get a hex or whatever
> like the magic bullet hex from Hearcana?

         Not as an option at character creation, but if they meet a willing
metal mage during play, or decipher the secrets of the S&R Catalog, there's
no reason they can't learn it.

>   Is the Enfiled in the corerule book, and is it C&B or cartilage?

         The Enfield is in DL D20, plus the Revised Edition rules and in
Law Dogs, but LD has the correct Range of 25. It's a C&B weapon, and the
cartridge version (the Snyder-Enfield) is in Back East: The South.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance RPG Writer At-Large
Southern by the Grace of God