[DL]D20 Backlash (Spoilers) (Was Re: [DL] Deadlands - Flagship vs. D20)

--- Alex and Heidi Johnson <heidij31@chartermi.net> wrote:
> Well, I for one am happy to see posts about Deadlands D20.  Although
> I don't
> personally own it, I hope it brings a lot more players to Deadlands.
> For
> those D20 players out there, how do they work magic for AB
> characters?  Do
> hucksters still have to worry about backlash?  If so, how does it
> work
> without the cards?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Well, it's still socially unacceptable to sling a hex in public (that
is, a Huckster should prepare to be fitted for a hemp necktie if'n he
does).  And "The Way of the Huckster" introduces (to D20 players at
least) the extended backlash table.  It's the same table as traditional
DL, with suitable translations of the effects for D20.  What's
interesting though, is that it works the same as in traditional DL,
too.  If casting the hex gets a backlash result (for DLd20, rolling a 1
on your Hexslingin' skill check - similar to goin' bust in traditional
DL), roll --> 1d20 <-- to find out just how bad the Huckster messed up.
 Hmmmm.... was John Goff thinking ahead of his time when he wrote
"Hucksters & Hexes", or what?

Bruce