Re: [DL] Deadlands - Flagship vs. D20

At 08:32 AM 3/4/2002, Mr. Kevin Stoner wrote:
>Or maybe they should be glad we dont have discussions on this list
>because it seems if you dont run DL classic then you arent running DL.

         I certainly don't feel that way, and dare say I'm not the only one.

>I mean I post and read this list pretty faithfully and have even
>conversed with several of you via one on one emails. This doesnt change
>the fact that people are "steamin mad" about Deadlands even associating
>with D20 OGL.

         If that is in fact the case, perhaps these people should consider
reserving their ire for (just to pick an issue at random) the fact that
700,000 human beings were sold into slavery last year.

>  I know every time I have posted, I have at least 2 or
>three responses discouraging me from posting anything.

         I've never seen any such post. Are these people doing this via
private mail? The answer in that case is to  report the offenders to A) the
List Owner and/or B) their ISP.

>Now Peginc decides
>to dual stat, not convert, and people on this list think you are
>inferior if you play it.

         Whatever grave injustices you may have suffered, stereotyping
everyone this list is not a solution, and in fact hazards making the
situation still worse.

>  I have read 2 emails alone today from a
>particualar member who outright said if you play d20 you are inferior.

         See comments above.

>I am just laying claim that I do not intend to stop running it, nor
>posting about it.

         Fight the good fight, I always say.

>  So move over neighbors cause D20 is here and we are
>not leaving. And if you GURPS guys wanna join us on this list, hell I
>dont even like GURPS but Ill stand beside ya. IMHO this list is for all
>of us and noone is lesser for there system. Dinosaur or newbie.

         Agreed.

>Nuff Said,

         I'm afraid that when you make as-yet unsupported allegations
against nameless people on this list, and then tar everyone subscribed to
this list with the same brush, then you have in fact said far too little.

         Please allow me to apologize for whatever wrongs or slights you
may have suffered. By the same token, please stop blackening the entire
list. We don't all hate D20; indeed, some of us make a PRETTY GOOD living
off of it.;-) Others here are concerned with weightier issues, but either
way, I for one am not your enemy (and would like to be just the opposite--a
friend).

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance RPG Writer At-Large