RE: Re[2]: [DL] Harrowed [for Marshalls only]

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-deadlands@gamerz.net [mailto:owner-deadlands@gamerz.net]On
Behalf Of Brett Dixon
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 10:44 AM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [DL] Harrowed [for Marshalls only]

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Bryce Perry wrote:

> What about Odin?  If I recall correctly, he sacrificed himself to
> himself, died after nine (?) days hanging on an ash (?) tree, and came
> back to life as a god.

I thought Odin was already a god, but did this in return for knowing
everything?

<<Snip>>

He was indeed a god already, the knowledge he brought back with him cost him
his left eye. According to legends Odin returned from the hoary Underworld
with many secrets, chief among them the knowledge of rune magick. As to
knowing everything, Odin had two crows each of which flew daily around the
world spying and gathering intelligence for their master.

--
Joseph C. Wolf
Line Developer, Dark Heaven Legends d20