Re: [DL] The dreaded Gatling debate [Shane, HELP!]

>>Seriously, exactly how do you run fanning in your game?  When you mention
the undead, it sounds like you have him making a shooting roll for each shot
instead of one shooting roll with a raise needed for each additional shot
used to hit.  I mean the -6 penalty called shot to the head is much easier
to get than fanning 2 shots at -4 and needing a raise to hit with the second
shot.  The target number for the second shot to hit is 3 points higher than
the called shot penalty, and every shot after that is 5 points higher.

Clint Black<<

You're right, I was using fannin' wrong, I went back and looked it up.  I still
think that he'd do pretty good fannin' wise with the way he rolls.

>>Let me get this straight, this guy has a "tendency" to roll 30+ on his
shootin' checks?  And that doesn't even count range?

I have a proposition for you.  Get me his dice any way you can, and you can
name your price.  ;-)<<

That's the funny thing, we use a communal pool of dice (supplied by me since my
players are too cheap to buy anything for gaming and I have to fl;ip the bill
for everthing) and we all watch his rolls.  He just rolls aces a whole shit load
of times.

I suppose I should clarify something though.  It wasn't 75 with 3d6.  The
posse's Mad Scientist made six Explosive bullets for the gun slinger who used
them all on what they thought was the area's fearmonger (it wasn't but that's
their problem).  I made them do 3d6 + 2d4 damage.  So he did 75 damage on 3d6 +
2d4.

Jim Bowers

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
with milk."