RE: [DL] Using ideas from other game systems

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-deadlands@gamerz.net [mailto:owner-deadlands@gamerz.net]On
Behalf Of Sitting Duck
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 10:04 AM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: Re: [DL] Using ideas from other game systems

--- Derek Carmichael <dcarmichael@apple.com> wrote:
> Anyone remember or have Whimsy cards?  These are
> some cards I picked up a
> while ago (I've yet to use them in a game) where you
> deal them out to the
> players before a game.  Each card allows some sort
> of escape or adjustment
> to the scene.  One even allows the player of the
> card to briefly become GM
> and steer the scene in some minor way.

I seem to recall once reading about them in an issue
of Dragon from the mid-to-late 80's.

>>Snip<<

Follow this link:

http://www.blackgate.net/whimsy.htm

To make your own deck is easy. Just use a business card template, type the
text from the cards onto the template and print 'em out on a computer
printer. Easy!