Re: [DL] Gamesystems (was d20 DL and HOL) - GURPS

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Ogden" <w_ogden@hotmail.com>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 2:30 PM
Subject: Re: [DL] Gamesystems (was d20 DL and HOL) - GURPS

> >GURPS
> > > >
> > > OTBSW is another good rule for higher point games.
> >
> >OTBSW?
>
> Only The Best Shall Win.  For each 2 you make your attack by, your opponent
> has -1 to his PD
>
> >I'm of the opinion that GURPS is not a game for a high-powered Supers game
> >(the rules break down a lot in
> >Supers campaigns). I do suggest GURPS for heavy cinematic games
> >(specifically the rules in GURPS Black Ops).
>
> my experience as well.  GURPs also has problems in 100pt high tech games,
> hte higher tech wpns are very powerful.

The lower tech guns are powerful as well. Offense always out paces defense, but them's the breaks.

Even in Deadlands, AP ammo is easier to get than armored vests.

---
"You can observe a lot by watching."
 -Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra

Lord Jobe, God of Psiberspace (The Landscape of My Mind)
"Universes Exist in My Mind."
ICQ# 17774785