Re: [DL] The Munchkin Twins

>The munchkin twins carry pistols as well as rifles.
>The scabbard question pertains to the rifles. I know certain films
>have the protagonists carrying sawed off shotguns in back holsters.
Of >the two films  mentioned so far as examples (Romancing the Stone,
and >the Evil Dead movies) neither is a Western, per se.

Actually ... Army of Darkness is more like DeadLands then any other genre.

>Sawed off shot guns in mocked up back sheaths work fine in my HOE >campaign.
I'd just never seen them in a western. Sawed off shotguns >are much shorter
than rifles, even carbines.

Matt, there are lots of old westerns where the Indians carried rifles
on their backs. I mentioned this in my first post. For the most part
they carried them the same way soldiers do today ... with shoulder straps.
And you can swing a long shoulder strap directly across your back from
one side to the other.
Regardless it is very easy to rig up a back holder. And if you want a
photo of an old Henry rifle with a shoulder strap I can show you.

>Yes, I know carbines can be fairly short in length.
>Now, the speed loader thing. I know there is a contemporary speed >loader.
This is a different thing than a separate cylinder for a >revolver. To
my knowledge, and I'll be the first to admit that I don't >have much
gun knowledge, a separate cylinder is just that, a separate >machined
part of a manufactured piece, while a speed loader is an >additional
accessory used to rapidly reload revolvers.

Basically I think you have the picture and I already sent a discription
of how it works.

>Now, the question of "did speed loaders actually exist in 1878" isn't
>as important as, are speed loaders merely an extra, loaded cylinder?
>The essential bit of this is: can every revolver, hence every pistol,
>have an additional cylinder with which a dude can quickly reload all
>of his pistol's ammunition.

Please see the last post I made on the REAL WEST only two speedloaders
were around in 1880 and they were VERY rare.

But now you are trying to make history fit into fantasy and that doesn't
always work. For example: there never was a gatling pistol in 1877, but
the idea of one works for DeadLands.

But if you want all pistols to be able to be speedloaded as per the rules,
minus the exceptions, go for it.
---
the GuildMistress

FREE voicemail, email and fax, all in one place.  Sign Up Now! http://www.mybc.com