[DL] Adventure Writing

I'm in the process of writing my first adventure for my posse. I'm using the
dime novel guidelines in the Marshal's Handbook as an outline. I'd like to
plop this adventure on the net once it's finished for other Marshals to review
and even use with their own posses, if they like. I have two questions.

One: Is it kosher to plop adventures for free download on the net? Are there
any legal issues I should be aware of?

Two: During 'The Story So Far' section, should I divulge all the back story,
including things that the players themselves won't find out until the end of
the adventure, or should I save it to the end so that the Marshal reading the
material for the first time gets to feel the story the same way the players
will experience it?

Thanks for all your help.

Bill