From: owner-deadlands@gamerz.net [mailto:owner-deadlands@gamerz.net] On
Behalf Of T.
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 9:46 AM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: [DL] keeping players alive

New to the list, new to the game, but I love the whole idea of it and
have
really enjoyed the sourcebooks immensely.

However, what the books do not address and I havent seen on any
Deadlands
websites is suggestions on how a Marshal can keep his or her players
alive!
 I'm not a killer GM, nor do I coddle my players, but I forsee problems
with practically no armor in the game and a lot of flying lead.  I had
similar problems running Cyberpunk, and that game even had armor.

Speaking of armor...I've always wondered why armor disappeared with the
general introduction of firearms.  Surely the older firearms, even up
until
the Civil War couldnt penetrate metal?  Ignore for a moment the
difficulties of wearing metal armor, especially in a western
setting--does
anyone on the list know enough about ballistics to answer the question?
Because this game is going to be new to my players as well, and being
used
to d&d someone is gonna ask me why cant they just west plate or
chainmail
and sweat it out?

Thanks,

--Tim