RE: [DL] Gettting a player dead

The most "vil" I have ever been:

I have shared this before, but here it is again.
I have a harrowed in my group. He has Grim Servant... which it turns out he
has been very well since he became harrowed shooting the artifact in Abra
Cadabra and Arab Cadaver. Killed two other posse members when he did it to.

Anyway, I use him to inflict a lot of horror because the group still sees
him as a friend and does not want to give up on him.

So, one night when they were sleeping I had a player make a Cognition Roll.
He did, and I had no real target number... just wanted him to feel it was
serious. Told him something woke him up.

Player: What do I see?
ME: Nothing. Its VERY dark and you can not see anything but blackness.
Player: Where is the campfire?
ME: Must have gone out.
Player: I grab my gun.
ME: You note its missing. and strangely your hand jams into something in the
dark over there.
Player: What is it. I feel around?
ME: Feels like dirt. A wall of dirt... <beat> You know what? You look up and
note that 6 feet above you is a rectangle that you can see out and see
stars. <beat> You are in a hole! A 6 by 3 6 foot deep hole, like they dig
for graves.

He jumped out found the harrowed on watch sitting there normal. He swore he
saw nothing...

Much later on a different night.
ME: Something startles you awake.
Player: I look around.
ME: Something might be over by the horses. Everyone else seems to be a
sleep. Even the harrowed who was suppose to be on watch. (The harrowed
always sleeps through watch.. don't ask me.. the player always tells me he
does)
Player: Shoot whatever it is since everyone else is here.
ME: Are you sure you want to do that? Its near the horses.
Player: Shoot it. [They don't trust me, cause I am a "Killer GM" that no one
would want to play with!  :-)  ]
ME: Make the roll.... OK you shot wakes everyone and spooks the horses. They
take off running. Make a Cog roll.
Player: 13
ME: You note this rope running trough camp from the horses to the Indians
bed. Its moving and the slack is being taken up quickly.
Player: What's it attached to?
ME: The Indians neck. Looks like a hangman's noose.

Luckily the harrowed did shoot the rope and save the Indian from being
hanged... and keep him endeared by the party. Clearly it could not be him.

Wes
Diet Coke Evil