Re: [DL] Marshall in dire situation

I've always figured my choices as a Marshal to be:

a) put up with stuff like this
2) decide for myself where the posse is going to be roaming, and require
characters that make sense in that context

That's not to say there's not a northerner in my posse that's in New
Mexico, because there is, but he has no particular loyalties, so noone
knows, and noone cares.

But what do /you/ do? That's a lot harder, because I believe that players
should roleplay*, even if it's to the detriment of the "story." I don't
have time to delve into this right now, but I would say you should take
your story someplace (figuratively, perhaps) where it is less important
that they are from opposite sides of the Mason-Dixon. Otherwise, just sit
back and enjoy the fireworks.

Truthfully, I don't view your problem as all that bad. Are the players
having fun? Are you having fun? That's really all that matters.

--- Zayxel Vritchazim <zayxel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ok lets see if I can put forward my problem, my posse is composed of a
> Blessed, a Texas Ranger Huckster and a yes incedible but true Mad
> Scientist/Huckster Secret Service agent with LOTS of possibilities of
> getting into the Agency. The campaign is a few months from the creation
> of
> the Agency. The SS guy has managed to keep in secret that he is a union
> agent, but obviously is constantly keeping info away from the other
> players,
> who get suspicious. The ranger is constantly pissing the agent behaving
> as a
> Ranger and not letting him do his job, ie destroying evidence the agent
> would be much too happy to send to washighton. The situation is getting
> out
> of hando as players begin to follow their private agendas instead of
> collaborating, but obviously if they roleplay their characters they
> should
> not collaborate. Anyway the ranger is a bit dumb not noticing what his
> partner is doing or really is, and the agent says well he is taking
> advantage of the Ranger. Any ideas or suggestions before this explodes
> in my
> face?
>

> Marshall Vicks

=====