Re: [DL] Back East: The South

In a message dated 5/2/2002 6:01:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sosentinel@adelphia.net writes:

<<          I'm glad you enjoyed the book (and even more gratified by you
 saying so), but credit for the Carolinas material should go to native
 Tarheel Steve Long. >>

    Thankyew, thankyew. :)
    Yeah, that was me. The chance to trot out all my favorite old Carolina
ghost stories and cool Carolina weirdness made that book a lot of fun to
write. And there was an awful lot of stuff I had to leave out, cut, or pass
by. If you want to angle more toward folklore than "pure horror," there's a
lot of great material one can draw on from Carolina history -- or, I'm sure,
the history of any other state.

Steve L.