[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20020501-5

>Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 22:10:00 -0400
>From: shoffner@usit.net
>Subject: [DL] Problem players & cool monologue
>
> >This is my rant and rave about the adventure so players get out!
>
>[snip] players not working together.
>
>Sounds to me you need to lead them the correct way by wacking them over the
>head with a two by four.  I think the general concencous(sp?) here is, "If
>they die by stupidity, let 'em die..."  That & if they're not being fairly
>heroic, then I think one person's post about just stopping the game &
>letting everyone have a time to calm down works too.  Strangely, we haven't
>had this problem in my gaming groups...  Wonder why?  You know, not to
>knock
>anyone here, but I think it may be because the age average for us is around
>30.  We can't get together often (kids & family come first) so when we do,
>we don't screw around too much-- figure out what we need to do, come up
>with
>a plan, execute; be home by 9:00pm.

I'm the youngest one in our group at 27. Long time players. I was
disappointed because the adventure didn't get its full run of fun. I built
it up to them as looming closer and had the little tie ins from the
beginning for a while. I'm running my own tales for now till they start the
devil's trilogy. I think spooky tales are needed now with some pull into
their background. Anybody have any tips for the devil's trilogy besides the
problem with Jackie?