Re: [DL] What would the Reckoners do?

At 10:03 PM 5/6/2002, Nyarlathothep132@aol.com wrote:
>I'm pretty well convinced by Mr. McGlothlin's superior History-fu as to my
>Union-getting-the-living-hell-kicked-out-of-it question,

         LOL! That has to be one of the greatest compliments I have ever
been paid. Thank you, good sir (or madam)!
         And I *SO* have to get a leather bracelet with this Subject header
on it....;-)

>[SPOILERS]

>Now, as far as I know, the war seems to be winding down, what with the
>Richmond explosion (I assume that in Dead Presidents it blows pretty much
>according to the plan outlined in Back East: The South?) and the Union's
>terrible war-weariness.

         For reasons explained in _Lone Stars_, most of Richmond survived
the blast.

>The biggest question is, of course, what happens to California. To keep
>both the CSA and the USA powerful enough to fight each other to bloody
>stalemates whenever they both go to war, both countries need a good supply
>of Ghost Rock. The Maze is obviously the best bet.
>
>But, what would the Reckoners want? They are going to want both sides to
>be able to fight a "Round 2" later on, after a generation or so, when
>people are young and stupid enough to go to war again. Until then, they're
>going to need bloodshed and lots of it. The Union is far too war-weary to
>go to war again, but the CSA can be encouraged to go to war to ensure it's
>own survival- against Mexico.

         This sounds very cool. Officially, the Reckoners are counting on
California and the Maze being the trigger for the Last War, but feel free
to disregard HOE history if it suits your game better to do so.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance RPG Writer At-Large
Member, Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design
Southern by the Grace of God