AW: [DL] Hucksters and Strain (Comments requested)

> Von: john tfs <johntfs1@yahoo.com>
> Datum: 2002/05/07 Di AM 01:05:38 GMT+02:00
> An: deadlands@gamerz.net
> Betreff: [DL] Hucksters and Strain (Comments requested)
> However, I think I have a compromise solution: Stake(yes, it's actually
Strain, but Stake sounds more"pokerish").  A gambler who comes to a game
with alarge stake tends to have more options than one with asmaller stake.
Many times, such a gambler can raisethe pot beyond his opponents' ability to
match.  It'snot exactly "according to Hoyle", but it can work. Likewise, a
huckster who has a large Stake (based onVigor as per Strain) can more
readily influence thegame he plays with the manitous.

Personally, I liked the idea of spending chips for extra cards better. I
think Allan mentioned that one. I'll discuss it with my huckster players and
maybe introduce it into our game.

But to get to the point: Stake/Strain sounds like a good idea too. Just one
thing: Since the struggle with the manitou is a mental one, I'd base the
number of stake points on Spirit instead of vigor.

my two Eurocents,
Markus