From: Mr. Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed. [mailto:sosentinel@adelphia.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 4:09 PM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: Re: [DL] Character Sheets

         I say this to you, ma'am, with all due respect, and from concern,
not condemnation. Please regard this as the friendly advice it is intended
to be.

At 06:41 PM 5/7/2002, Ms. Brock wrote:
>Yup .... but I don't have much time for people who don't read what is
>being asked for. *shrugs*

         It has been my experience most people have even less time for
people who respond intemperately.

>So I have to spend my time repeating myself because someone doesn't read
>my message before hitting the send button? Why do I have to say everything
>twice? I took the time to be VERY CLEAR about what I wanted and I get
>replies back on something else. *shakes head*

         This makes multiple occassions wherein you have brusquely
responded to people, egregiously chastizing them for honest mistakes. While
you of course may proceed on this list at your own discretion, I think you
are doing a great disservice, both to yourself and the overriding sense of
community that has prevailed on this list since its inception.
         I've been here for over four years, and have yet to see anyone who
was not welcomed as a fellow DL fan. I say to you with all due respect that
your intemperate remarks are making it extremely difficult for all of us (I
count myself as part of this contingent) who sincerely *want* to welcome
you and your contributions to the list to do so.
         We're all friends here. Please don't make it hard for us to regard
you as such.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance RPG Writer At-Large
Member, Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design
Southern by the Grace of God