RE: [DL] Help with the Harrowed

<SNIP>

But it's soooo much fun!  My players mostly want to wind up harrowed for
the neat new stuff they get, and mostly don't want to wind up harrowed,
because of the neat new manitou toy _I_ get! ;-)

> Third, WHO's got Dominion.  After determing the Manitou's
> Spirit the total Dominion points remains constant (Unless the
> character increases their Spirit).  For a starting Marshall,
> I would suggest that the Character and Manitou start with
> Dominion points equal to their spirit.  During a test of
> wills, the player or mantiou gains a point of dominion from the other.
> Example:  A Character has a Spirit of 4d6 and by luck of the
> draw, the Manitou has a Spirit of 5d6(JH).  Both the
> character and Manitou have 6 Dominion points. During a test
> of wills the character rolls 8 plus 6 dominion and the
> Manitou rolls a 5 plus 6 dominion.  The character now gains a
> dominion point over the Manitou  and the character has 7
> Dominion & the Manitou has 5.

I don't think this is correct.  Dominion points are based solely on the
Spirit die of the player character -- the manitou's spirit doesn't take
part in determining how many Dominion points there are.  In you example
there would be 6 dominion points to fight over.  If you had the PC and
the manitou start with equal Dominion, each would have 3 points.

But the rest is accurate.

Jeff Y.
Marshal for the Dynamite Gang

No matter how dead one is, it's still demoralising to see one's crotch
get hurled explosively across a warehouse. -- Professor Thomas J.
Carmichael aka Martin Hall