Re: [DL] Fortress of Fear (Marshalls Only)

In a message dated 5/25/02 4:41:44 AM US Mountain Standard Time, sittingduck_1313@yahoo.com writes:

Just recently got Fortress of Fear and would like the
input of Marshalls that ran this one. Namely on how
they dealt with Jackie. As I read through it, it seems
near impossible to keep her from dominating the
action. I personally would prefer to just remove her
completely as she has Mary Sue written all over her.
But that would be no easy feat. Comments?

Um, well if you want to off her in the course of the adventure I'd say the best way would be to have her dominate.  Have her save the posse's bacon a few times.  Maybe even get them to rely on her abilites with a gun.  Then have Stone take care of her.  He could do it in the open with the posse watching, or he could do it while they sleep and she takes a watch.  If he does the second he could then use his death mask power to take her place... however the first option is much more dramatic.  Keep in mind however if you do this, unless the group has another NPC at least one of them will have to go to hell on earth at the end of the adventure.  Also keep in mind that this is a really tuff adventure and if you think Jackie is way above and beyond the abilities of your posse, then your posse may not be ready.  Have they survived the first two parts of the trilogy?