Re: [DL] GWN..Finally?!? [Shane] (Spoilers)

Spoiler space

>For the Canucks on the list

I would fall into that list.

(or any other scholars of Canadian
>History), who else would you like to see in the GWN?  I know it's only
>wishful thinking at this point as the book's pretty much written, but
>maybe we can toss some research ideas out to those "ferner" Marshals
>out there.

Here's a few I'd like to see.

Swift Runner was an Indian (or Aboriginal to be PC) trapper.  In the fall of
1879 he left on an expidition in Alberta with his wife, mother, brother and
six children.  Previous to the trek, he had complained that the evil spirit
Ween-De-Go, had been plauging him with horrible nightmares.  In the early
spring he stumbled into a small Romqn Catholic Mission in St. Albert, just
north of Edmonton.  He told a tale of poor hunting and starvation.  He
reported the mother and brother had wondered off, nevet ro return, the
children had died of starvation, and his wife had committed suicide after
watching her children died.  The RCMP was called, and after using alcohol to
loosen Swift Runners tongue, it was discovered he had killed and eaten his
entire family.

Sargeant J.D. Nicholson of the North West Mounted Police was Alberta's
frontier detective.  He solved many mysteries that lead him over miles and
miles of Canada and the Northern United States.

Constable Marmaduke Graburn was the first NWMP officer killed on duty.  He
would make a perfect harrowed villain, along the lines of the Revenant.

The riverboats that travelled between Fargo N.D. and Winnipeg, Manitoba from
1859 to 1881, would be the perfect locations for Canada's own gambling
hotspots.  Also a great way to smuggle contraband over the border.

The mystery of the Micmac pipes would be interesting to play.  Several pipes
of unusual design have been discovered all the way from the North West
Territories all the way up to Georgia.  The pipes have not been associated
with any prehistoric, or current archealogical culture.  They are strangely
shaped, and made of clay.  The main features are a tulip or inverted acorn
shaped bowl, a short, constricted stem, and a rectangular base.  Three of
them were discoverd in  the Prince Albert area of Saskatchewan.  The
question?  Who used these formalized styled pipe, and why are they found in
such a large geographical area?

The Accursed South Nahanni is a  large valley in the NorthWest Territories.
At least 24 people have dissapeared in the lush forrest, many in the spring
and summe, when survival odds were very high.  Legends speak of a crazed
prospector who kills to protect a real or imagine gold strike.  The local
indians tell of skeletons that can be seen in the distance, and of smoke
that should not be there.

Of course there should be mention of the many Wendigos, Lake Monsters,
sasquatch, bigfoot, white buffalo, phantom stallions, and of course, the
most frightening of all, the Voyageurs (Fur Trappers for you that don't
speak Cunuck).

And finally, nothing good can be coming out of Manitoba.  What do you expect
from a province named after Manitous