RE: [DL] Firearms in the Civil War

--- Joe Frankovitch <slvrdrgn@larp.com> wrote:
> And then there are those of us American's who like
> to think of the Civil
> War as more of "The war where those uppity southern
> folk got too big for
> their britches and us Northern folk had to put 'em
> back in their place."
>
> Joe
  Those people would be Yankees :)
Actually, when the war started it was thought by many
in the North that this little problem with the
Southern states would be put down in short order.
  If memory serves me correct their where many
non-combatants who took picnic baskets out to watch
the 1st Battle of Bullrun to make a day out of it and
a prominent political figure was captured by the South
as a result(I believe it was a Mayor).
                                   Horace Black