[DL] Sourcebooks in the new edition.

I got the new rulebooks (Players Handbook/Marshal's Handbook) for Christmas
in 1999 and we unfortunately have played very little since then. So I was
mostly familiar with the older rules.

Recently we started playing again. Like a good Marshal, I re-read everything
I had at my disposal. That includes my first edition rulebook and Quick &
The Dead.

I noticed that several rules changes were made in sourcebooks that did not
make it into the newer rulebooks.

Law Dogs added Quick Draw Penalties to certain guns, and gave lever action
rifles the ability to fan.

Fire and Brimstone states that when a Blessed fails a sinning roll he looses
a miracle along with his faith point, which directly contradicts the new
Players Handbook.

Hucksters and Hexes has an expanded Backlash table.

I'm sure there's more.

But then some rules (probably more important to the core game) did make it
into the new books like the new shotgun and fannin rules in Law Dogs.

So my question is: Were these changes left in the sourcebooks to make the
sourcebooks still valid and worth buying? Or does anything in the new Core
Rulebooks take precedence over changes that are the sourcebooks?

Thanks in advance.

Talison
--

"I'm the man of the hour, the man with the power, too sweet to be sour."

"Superstar" Billy Graham