[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20020622

[major snip]  regarding speeds of crossbows
>ok joe,
>i agree with you in some points, but, why the speed difference?
>
><<Snip>>
>
>Please, call me Joseph. Only Shane and the other PEG goombahs are allowed
>simplify my monniker.
>In answer to your question the speed difference accounts for the fact that
>the wielder was having to spend a teeny tiny more amount of time to recock
>and reload the larger and heavier weapon.

I'd have to say that you're confusing Rate of Fire with Speed.  If that's
the case, give both Speed 1 (or 2 if you feel like it) & the light crossbow
ROF1 every two actions, the heavy ROF 1 every three actions.  Heck, make it
so if you're weak, you have to have more actions to reload.

Jeff S