[DL] Re: Official Flag of the CSA

Mr. Markus Finster asked:
>In real history, the CSA had three different national flags, the last
>being with the Southern Cross (which also served as battle flag) in the
>upper left corner on white background. On the right was a broad, red
>stripe (the flag before that one lacked that red stripe and was easily
>mistaken for a white flag).

         This is commonly known as the Third National, BTW.

>Since the CSA in Deadlands already exist for over 15 years - did they
>finally settle what the national flag would be? I figured that they'd
>finally just take the Southern Cross, but maybe the "Southerner by the
>Grace of God" on this list would share his opinion with me? ;-)

         In DL, the CSA settled on the Third National. There was supposed
to be a picture in _Dead Presidents_ that made this official, but like a
great deal else I devised for _DP_, it was vivisected from the printed version.

         Thanks for the question!

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance RPG Writer At-Large
Member, Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design

"Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind!"
--Charlie Meadows (John Goodman), _Barton Fink_