Re: [DL] Side Shows (Was "Former Wrestler PC?")

But another part of my question which I implied, but too
>weakly upon rereading is that how would the effects of the Weird West
>effect
>a side show? For that matter, what about P.T. Barnum as a showman? What is
>he doing? Helping the Yankees, the CSA, or or doing as he would have done?
>He was a major force in early wrestling history, if you go back that far.
>Maybe the Goverments have used those "freaks" in some special way? Or
>maybe...

I've put some thought into this, as I'm working on an adventure using P.T.
Barnum's traveling show. Barnum would be more or less pro-Union, partly from
being a staunch abolitionist and partly from the fact that his American
museum in NYC was firebombed by Confederate terrorists in 1864. Considering
how in Deadlands history the South freed all the slaves, I could see Barnum
heading south if he got an official apology from the Confederate government.