Re:[DL] Witches

>I'd like to know if witches are a playable character type in the
>Wierd West (as they are in HOE). If so, in which (heh) book are they
>described.

spoilers

Officially, witches aren't a player character type in the Weird West. In
HOE, Mina Devlin's descendant Annabelle Lee gathered Mina's spells in
"How to Serve Your Man," a grimorie used by witches in the Wasted West.
So player character witches can't officially be in the Weird West - most
witches in Weird West utilize some form of black magic, i.e. Devlin's
Witchita Witches as described in "The Black Circle."
That said, unofficially, it's your game, so you can do whatever you
want. I always thought the witch background was woefully underrated in
HOE. With more description and spells, witches might be a cool character
archetype. However, such is fodder for a (possible) future Epitaph
article I hope someone will write.
Fortunately, there are some really good postings about a month ago on
the HOE Listserv from players who've added really neat edges, hindrances
and other powers to beef up the witch as a player character. You might
want to check that out in the HOE archive.

Marshal Eric