Re: [DL] spirit lamps

And why send one message, when you can send three?

A coworker of mine offered this thought: keep it a true 'spirit lamp' fueled by alcohol. However, the kind of fuel makes a difference in what the light shows. Ordinary alcohol shows things as they appear normally. However, something like sacramental wine (or a distillation of same, etc.) shows (and brings out) the best in people (perhaps forces them to succumb to their psychological Edges/Hinderances that are 'positive'. In Harrowed, it shows who is in control, and for those whose PCs are not in control, it allows another roll for Dominion. Using something like spook juice (and isn't there some kind of alcohol distilled using ghost rock?), the opposite effect occurs: it reveals the worst in people, and brings it to the surface (causing them to act on their worst impulses). In Harrowed, it reveals who is in control, and causes a roll for Dominion, plus gives a bonus for the Manitou.

Derek D. Bass