[DL] Blessed Hucksters

Not for the player types out there, mind you!

You player types don't read that good, do ya? Shoo!

I now have a posse member asking if his blessed can become a huckster.

His argument was, that God might help him to get to the hunting grounds in
order to continue the battle there and that in his case the harnessing of
the manitous power would be not as much tricking the evil manitous, but
shepherding the benign ones.

All of this started, when the posse's huckster started to share his theory
on the occult.

I'm about to deny the AB: Huckster from the blessed, mostly because my
notion of the blessed does not sit well with hucksterism -- God's (whether
or not being the christian omnipotent one or a reckoner among the others)
warriors should be able to fight the good fight with the powers He gives
them without the need for the aid of lesser spirits. I was planning on
telling him (the player of the char) that the idea does not sit well with
his character and its beliefs and explain my notion with some extra spices
to a) avoid exposing anything and b) inserting a bit of paranoia towards
the huckster.

Whaddya think? Disagree? Why? Why not?

Oh, I must add: The player in question is definitely NOT a power gamer nor
a munchkin. After the conversation with the Huckster, that idea is not
pushing it, IMO. Just that he really doesn't know all that much about
hucksterism. Or my views on it.

----Hulkin' Finn