RE: [DL] Freeing the Slaves [Chris](was: Wolverine (not OT))

Absolutely - I have no problem with suspension of disbelief when the laws of physics or biology are messed with, but I expect human psychology to follow certain rules!

i.e. I expect the Southern politicians to continue to behave like Southern politicians. If I wrote an adventure which depicted Bill Hickock leading a flower arranging class, people would laugh - if I depicted him as a werewolf, people would approve - there's some stuff you can do in fantasy that works and some stuff you can't.

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Finster [mailto:markus.finster@chello.at]
Sent: Thursday, 1 August 2002 10:23 a.m.
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: RE: [DL] Freeing the Slaves [Chris](was: Wolverine (not OT))

At 23:47 31.07.2002, Mark Chiddicks wrote:
 >I must say the least convincing element of the Deadlands World is the
 >Confederate Manumission Law.

Let me get this straight - you have absolutely no problem with the dead
getting up again and try to eat your brain, but a small piece of paper with
the state seal on it sounds unbelievable?

Nice perspective ;-)

But seriously, I added a remark for Chris in the subject, since he will
surely give you a much better answer on this than I ever could.

Markus