From: owner-deadlands@gamerz.net [mailto:owner-deadlands@gamerz.net]On
Behalf Of Mark Chiddicks
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 7:37 PM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: RE: [DL] Freeing the Slaves

Ah - thats clearer. I thought it a bit odd that I'd missed out on total
Southern manumission in my Foote books!

Be honest - was one of the motives for writing it like that to make for a
friendlier South that your typical Liberal American gamer would be more
comfortable to game in? To a Brit, without any residual guilt for slavery,
there's no problem with having a more realistic Confederacy and attitude to
black PCs & NPCs in the game, but I suspect that its the sort of thing
Americans
are programmed to avois mentioning!