Re: [DL] Freeing the Slaves

In a message dated 7/31/2002 9:54:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
darious@darious.com writes:

<< Not quite true on this one.  If you look back in the archives long enough,
 you'll see where this has come up before - on both sides.  I distinctly
 remember discussions on how pro-North the DL books are/were.

 Take the whole setting, over all of the books, and you'll find that it
 comes out pretty even.  There are good guys on both sides of the line, and
 bad guys on both sides.  With both sides engaging in noble behavior and
 committing atrocities. >>

Definitely. I don't think the writers put down the North- I just think they
like the South too, so we have an independent South. I think they've done a
great job. No complaints, just an observation.

Peter Berard

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!"

-Admiral David Farragut, Siege of Mobile

"Well, once you start thinking you're the Pope, it's a short step to
murdering people"

-Detective Briscoe, Law and Order