RE: [DL] Freed Slaves, or Buy Back East: The South!

That book is rarer then hens teeth in this part of the world and its a long way down my shopping list, unfortunately.

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Downs [mailto:knick_nevin@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, 2 August 2002 12:10 a.m.
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: RE: [DL] Freed Slaves, or Buy Back East: The South!

--- Mark Chiddicks <Mark.Chiddicks@descisys.com>
wrote:
> I wasn't really talking about battle - if the South
> had armed enough slaves to win the war (were that
> possible) they would have outnumbered the white
> soldiers & revolted. The Slaves had no love for the
> country, they were fighting because it meant
> freedom. Had they seen a quicker route the freedom

Ya'know, I've been staying out of this debate, but
having read through more than half of it and seeing
that there's no end in sight, I am really surprised
that the supporters of the Deadlands history which
frees the slaves haven't mentioned that you should
just buy Back East: The South
Almost every point that you've made is actually
covered within the first half of the book. I say
'almost' because some of the quotes of real life
figures you've referred to aren't exactly in the book,
but seriously, the entire explanation of why the
slaves were freed, why they didn't revolt against
their former masters, and those in the South who are
disgruntled with the slaves being freed (and want to
do something-anything about it) is all in there.
I highly suggest that you buy it, because it seems to
answer most of your questions.
-doc

=====
"No matter what you say,
somebody somewhere will take it the wrong way."
 - Dave Barry

"A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat."
 - Eric Idle