RE: [DL] DL: Los Diablos (SHANE, Marshals only)

>Think of it like this; both are effectively tools of the Reckoners.
Which
>do they need more?  A bull who is restricted to going after Grit 5
heroes or
>a harrowed who can do that *and* cause fear everywhere he goes.

It is a good argument, however, the harrowed would return a hero. The
player character would be in control fighting the Reckoning. The los
diablos is a powerful tool for the Reckoners because it kills heroes who
have tried putting the kebash on their plans.

>You see, I don't think of the harrowed draw as the player saving his
>character, so much as the Reckoners getting their talons on his body
and
>soul.  After becoming harrowed is when the real horror begins.

Again, in theory, this is brilliant. The harrowed character is a virtual
marionette for the Reckoners to control. However, when the hero had
dominion over the manitou, he's still fighting evil, not a thing the
Reckoners want to see.

>As always, the Marshal's decision is final, and I think it
>shows rather poor form on your player's part to believe that Shane
could
>override your ruling.  I have a feeling if Shane was truly asked this
>question, it was more of a hypothetical one than "The Marshall ruled
this,
>and the player wants you to tell him he's wrong."  I think Shane
would've
>laughed at that.  I know I would have.

Amen to that, Clint, and thanks for your input. The player is a nice guy
but a real rules-hungry munchkin sometimes. He was just angry because he
lost his character. Tough. That's the unfortunate side effect of
roleplaying - player characters get killed. I think the reason for his
challenging me was that he lost his character in Hell on Earth when
another GM pitted him against Stone, and he didn't want to lose his
Deadlands character as well.

Marshal Eric