[DL] (DL) The Ultimate Enemy....

Hey there,

I just thought I would drop everyone a line and see what people thought about
this idea that I've been using.  I don't know how many of you all read Stephen
King or are aquainted with this characters, but I've found that if you're
playing in a party of people who are, there's just no better 'Hand of the
Reckoners' than Randall Flagg.

Of course, I use him pretty much stat-less, since he's an all-powerful,
supernatural type of guy.  Anyone who knows the story of The Stand (and to a
lesser extent the Dark Tower series and Eyes of the Dragon) knows that Flagg
bascially shows up in all worlds at times of great crisis as the hand of evil
and the devil.  The quote goes 'He's not Satan....but he and Satan know of
each other and have kept their councils together of old.'

What more perfect time than the Reckoning, I thought to myself.  I use him to
basically steer (not to mention scare) the party and add some great spice to
things.  You should have seen the looks on the posses' face's when I described
'A man in faded jeans wearing old, sprung cowboy boots and a huge, horrible
smile' striding toward them.  The old 'character knowledge' issue was a tough
one for them, that day:)

Anyway, either this will all mean something to you or not.  Personally, I
think it would be cool to construct a campaign where it was possible to
actually defeat Flagg (with some magical relic or another) - but so far, the
amount of work that would take to do correctly has discouraged me.  Perhaps it
shall fall to someone else.....

Patrick