RE: [DL] SA, DA Guns and Law Dogs

Here's the take on this issue I've been using (I'm planning on taking my
posse from Weird West (1877) to Wasted West/HOE):

= Single Action revolvers fire once per action with no inherent penalties,
and can be fanned at a -4 Shootin' from the Hip penalty.

= Double Action revolvers can fire once per action with no penalties, and
can be "Double Tapped" (shot twice - ROF2) at -1 for trying to yank a
revolver's trigger that fast, and with cumulative -2 recoil penalty per
double tap just like an automatic/gatling weapon.  The -1 can be offset with
some gunsmithing.  No fanning.

= Semi-Automatic pistols can fire once per action with no penalties, and can
be "Double Tapped" for a ROF 2 with the -2 recoil penalty.

= 1870's Gatling weapons fire at ROF 3 with -2 recoil penalties (just like
in the books).

= HOE fully automatic weapons fire at their ROF with -2 recoil per burst
(since so many have ROF of 6 or more).  This is just like HOE published
rules.

= Double barrel shotguns in my game follow the ROF2 rules:  1 Shootin' roll
and you get the other barrel's damage on a raise.  No recoil penalties,
since the gun's empty after the first 2 shots.

Some weapons have worse recoil modifiers, or can have the modifier lessened
by using a tripod or other mount.

I had to make a way to have the weapons work in both HOE and WW since I'm
gonna be running in both.  I figgered that using a variant of the automatic
weapons rules for anything with a ROF > 1 would just be easier.

It's not completely official, but it works great for us!

Jeff Y.
Marshal for the Dynamite Gang (who are now in the caverns under the Canyon
O' Doom).