Re: [DL] Player Hero's

On Friday, August 23, 2002, at 10:28  AM, grymor@rsnsoft.com wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 balance@tubas.net wrote:
>
>> I don't use the Black Chip rule, but I think it's best used when the
>> players willfully do something that aids the reckoners. Getting their
>> asses handed to them doesn't count... Now, if they made a deal with the
>> Nosferatu to exchange some townsfol for the prisoner, that'd be black
>> chip material.
>>
>> And I could seem some characters doing this.
>
> My former possy got a black chip for excessive use of dynamite... It
> doesn't much matter if you kill the monsters if you level the towns they
> were terrorizin...

Yup... Sounds about right to me. Now, if this is done appropriately I
guess it could be acceptable occasionally... But if it's a habit...

Also, as others have suggested, I'd let the remaining and replacement
characters have the Night Train be a constant thorn in their side.
Ignore it for a few adventures (in part to give the new meat time to get
up to speed and have everyone gain some experience and toys) then have
it show up when it's really inconvenient!

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)