[DL] RE: problem with toxic tunes cd & lost colony

maybe i should
> > tag this for shane..
> >

> > marshall kt
>
> One thing you may want to do is try the Toxic Tunes CD in another player.
> Remember that this is a BURNED copy. Some CD players are not able to play
> burns.  It really could be that simple.  (My CD-ROM can't play burns,
> neither can my CD Changer, but my DVD player and my Karaoke
> machine can, so
> I'm happy.)
>
> John

My copy of Toxic Tunes (fresh bought burned version) has a burst of static
at the start of every track.  It's very very short, and not any louder than
the music itself, so it's not tremendously jarring to listen to.  I'm not
even sure it's a defect -- it could be an intentional part of the sound
track for all I know.  I know some about burning music CDs, and it seems
real unlikely that a half second of static could be unintentionally added to
the start of a track, which also leans me towards the "it is intended"
conclusion.  Either way, it isn't bothersome enough to go thru the
replacement process.  But I am curious to know if it's just me (or the
really cheap CD player I've got), or if the disk is fine?

Jeff Y.